Monday, November 06, 2006

Park BOF and Tea Loft on the 6th Day

October 17, Tuesday

On this day we all decided to go our separate tours. Anne, Rica and Nimfa went out together, Bambi and Elle went o DSP Entertainment somewhere in Seocho to give their gifts to SS501 and Youngstreet. While Leah and I went out alone.

Since I wasn't able to go last Monday at Park BOF, I went back to Shinsa station and looked for Park BOF. Since I already know my way [it's the same road leading to Gorilla in the Kitchen] I didn't have any trouble locating the cute building of BOF. But this time i didn't take the cab. It's really nice that Seoul has a very nice climate. It makes walking a lot of fun.

When I arrived there were already Japanese visitors. I let them go in first before talking to the nice Japanese lady. Told her that I was supposed to have an appointment yesterday with 6 of my friends but we weren't able to come. She then checked for my reservation and since I'm alone she lets me in.

Taking photo is not allowed.

The place is so cute and clean. I can imagine how cramped the place had BOF didn't transfer office to its new building. There were pictures which i have not seen before. Clothes, glasses, gloves, necklaces that Yong Joon wore were displayed.

At the second floor is the souvenir shop. I bought a mug and snowman note holder. The famous April Snow bench is still there. Then I went to the office where Yong Joon used to occupy. I saw the bookshelf with books and a box full of message for Yong Joon. Hee, of course I left a message for him. ^^

After going around for 2 times, I then decided to leave Park BOF. But before I left i need to take some photos outside and of course a souvenir photo with me in it. Since there were Japanese fans waiting outside, I asked a young lady if she can take my photo which she did and took 2 shots with me in it.

the exit to Park BOF.
i love these wooden steps.


the cute porch

the very cute little red mail box


The gravel at the parking in front of Park BOF

Btw, when I got there I thought that I'll be seeing the Chrysler Jeep that Yong Joon used in April Snow. But it wasn't there. I wonder when did they took it? Likewise, i remember before that it was written in an article that other BOF talents' stuff are also displayed. But I didn't see any. Oh well anyway, probably it's a misinformation. But I do hope that someday they will also display stuff of other BOF's talents since the signage says Park BOF the house of BOF family. Hee, i'm not complaining or any but I think that since BOF is getting big, they might as well do it. Sort of reinventing so that patrons will come back and see new things. Likewise, The place would look good if they'll have mini coffee shop there ^^

Oh one observation that I hope BOF will look into, I really really hope that they will change the English caption on the displays. Yong Joon is a known perfectionist and I hope his staff will do something about it.

Over all the trip to Park BOF is a fulfillment. It's very near Gorilla in the Kitchen so definitely I'll be coming back to Park BOF.

After Park BOF I went to Gorilla in the Kitchen just to take a look of the place in day light. ^^

I must have been too engrossed walking along Apgujeong that I forgot the time. I was supposed to go to Lotte Dept Store to eat at Tea Loft before meeting Anne, Rica and Nimfa because we need to go somewhere. But since i don't have the time anymore, i decided then to meet up with them and went near World Cup Stadium. After doing what we have to do there we then decided to go to Lotte Dept. Store since they also didn't have the chance go there because of our 3pm meeting. Yes! I can now go to Tea Loft!

We took the Line 2 train and got off at Euljiro. Since my friends don't want to join me at Tea Loft, I decided to go alone again and met up with them after an hour.

This is at the entrance of Lotte Dept Store
connecting to the subway station


the lobby where i took the elevator to the 12th floor

Again Tea Loft is not that hard to find. Just take the elevator get down at the 12th floor take the escalator to the 13th floor then look for the elevator that will take you to Tea Loft's floor. ^^

Beautiful displays at the 12th and 13th floor.

This is the 1st thing that you will see when the door
of the elevator opens.

There weren't that much customer when i arrived [probably because it's almost dinner time]. The friendly waitress showed me to my seat and gave me the menu. Since I already have in mind what to order, i still studied the menu. I ordered Chaltteok-mali. It's a rice cake snack, with red bean mixed other fillings. It's nice and quite a heavy snack. Then I ordered banana milk juice.

While waiting for my snacks to arrive, i took some photos of Tea Loft.


My banana juice arrived first. I like it ^^


A few minutes later my Chaltteok-mali arrived hot. It smells good ^^ Would you believe that i didn't finish eating this?

The tab/bill case

the very popular table where yong joon sat and ate
when he visited Tea Loft

When I got there there were 2 ladies seated at that table.

The other side of Tea Loft going to the toilet.

Ops sorry no flash ^^ I asked the waitress
to take my souvenir photo ^^


After an hour I went to my friends at the entrance connecting to the subway. We waited for a few minutes more before heading to Nandaemun market to buy some souvenirs.

On our way home we took the subway from Shinsegae. Just like Lotte Dept i think Shinsegae is a department store [not really sure about this] that connects to the subway station.

Here are photos of the places where my other friends toured on our 7th day in Seoul. I have to visit these places on my next visit ^^


I missed eating this black paste noodle.
Rica, Anne and Nimfa had the chance to eat
this yummy noodles

4 comments:

bbmag said...

oh, you went to park bof and tea loft after all! that's great huh?

btw i did hear that bof will be re-doing park bof to include pictures of SJS, that will be on the first floor.

also, they will add photos from the
saitama & taiwan AS promotion photo, as well as gosireh photos. have they put them up when you visited?

Anonymous said...

Eonnie, the DSP office was in Seocho. I think you were referring to SBS building in Mokdong. ^^;;

liezle said...

hi there bb! sorry for the late reply. i was so occupied with the new byj CREA photo that i'm too lazy to visit my other blog.

so what i read is correct then. well, i hope that by the time i go back next year sjs's stuff will also be displayed at Park BOF.

btw, i saw photos from AS promo but no Gosireh yet. again hoping for that on my next visit.

liezle said...

hey there bambie! thanks for correcting me. i'll edit it later.

bambs, let's go back to seoul!