Thursday, July 24, 2008

it's bound to happen

Since the price of gasoline is increasing weekly and my salary remains to be same, I tried to take the public transportation since last week. I plan to commute 2 times a week depending on the weather. Hee, if it rains, I certainly would not take the risk of commuting. Where I’m at, it is sooooo difficult to take the public transportation when it pours be it by cab or by train.

I made a calculation of how much my saving will be if this will be the trend for God knows until when. My gasoline allowance for a month is P5000 [$111]. If I commute for a month I will only be spending P1400 [$31]. Geez, that’s translated to 72% saving from my gasoline allowance!!!

Before I realized the impact of the price increase, gasoline used to be only P36/liter [$.80]. Today, the price per liter is P60.57 [$1.35]. That’s 40% increase! And the increase is not stopping despite the price of oil in the world market decreased from $140/barrel to $128/barrel!

There is a road that i always take whenever i go home from work. For the past weeks now, whenever i pass here, i can now practically see the asphalt. This road normally has a bumper to bumper traffic situation. Now, the traffic situation is like this even if it's raining...

Now, is it still practical to bring a car at work? Honestly, there are pluses and minuses but I don’t want to tackle on this anymore since it’ll only give me a headache.

For the meantime, since the increase in the price of oil is bound to happen again, let’s just drink…


No comments: